Roadmap to Recovery
Reinventing the Real Estate Industry
The U.S. housing market and the real estate industry are in critical condition and they need a roadmap to recovery. But first we must figure out where we should and must go. To help the industry understand that future, Inman News is embarking on a major editorial project to examine how the real estate industry should and will look in coming years.
We're seeking more than your input however - we want you to actively participate in the future of our industry.
Here are several ways you can participate:
1. Inman News is conducting two surveys: The Roadmap to Recovery survey focuses on broad changes that participants expect to see in the industry, and the second survey, Future of Real Estate Commissions, focuses on current trends and future expectations for real estate commission income. Surveys participants will enter a drawing for a $200 Amazon.com gift card.
2. Answer the 10 questions (or Download a PDF), and send it back to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure you include your name, title, company and e-mail. We will be publishing these questions and answers over the next few months.
3. We are also calling for essays that focus the future of real estate. Write no more than 400 words on how to reinvent the real estate industry and revive the housing market. Pick a category -- brokers, agents, technology, title or lending -- or discuss the entire industry. Our editorial team will review the essays, publish many of them, and hand out a $500 check to the author of the best essay. Also, the authors of all essays published in full will get a free pass to the upcoming Real Estate Connect conference. Send your essays to email@example.com.
4. We are looking for video submissions that answer this question: If you were God, a king or the President, what would you do to fix the housing market? Start the video with "I would ..." and keep them brief (less than two minutes). The winning video will get two free passes to Real Estate Connect.
5. Participate in online Community discussions at Inman.com (stay tuned for more details on Inman Community participation).
6. Join us at the Real Estate Connect conference in New York City from Jan. 7-9 -- the Roadmap to Recovery project will be a central theme.