Get organized and avert moving meltdowns
From houzz.comBy Inman News, Monday, July 30, 2012.
Start a stash of essentials
There is nothing worse than arriving at your new house and having to scramble to find basics like toilet paper, pajamas and coffee for the morning.
Photo credit: California Home + Design
Pick a spot to begin collecting all of those little items you will want access to right away when you move (a cleaned-out cupboard works nicely) so you can organize your essentials even as you are still using them.
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- One stack of dishes or a set of disposables.
- A teakettle and French-press coffee maker.
- Basic tools (screwdrivers, a hammer, etc.).
- Trash bags.
- Box cutters.
- A few rolls of toilet paper and paper towels.
- A shower curtain.
- Bath towels.
- A set of sheets for each bed.
- Curtains for the bedrooms (if you know the windows will be bare).
- Favorite snacks.
- A fun movie to watch on your laptop the first night.
More from houzz.com:
- Browse thousands of storage and organization products
- Be inspired by 550k+ home design photos
- Help! Find a home stager in your area
Copyright 2012 houzz.com
|Contact Inman News:|
|Letter to the Editor|
All rights reserved. This content may not be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever, in part or in whole, without written permission of Inman News. Use of this content without permission is a violation of federal copyright law.