A simple guide to HTML 5
Web format opens new doors for real estateBy Tom Flanagan, Tuesday, December 14, 2010.
By now, most tech enthusiasts are familiar with the well-publicized battle between Steve Jobs and Adobe regarding Adobe's multimedia platform "Flash." Adobe Flash is an application used to create video and rich Internet content.
The heated debate was further fueled when Apple's CEO published the now-infamous essay "Thoughts on Flash" back in April. In that post, Jobs noted that Apple has adopted HTML 5 and listed several shortcomings for Flash, especially relating to the mobile Web. A synopsis:
1. Adobe's Flash products are 100 percent proprietary.
2. The reliability, security and performance of the application.
3. The drain Flash videos have on battery life.
4. Flash was designed for PCs and not touchscreens.
5. Adobe's desire to have apps developed in the Flash environment.
All rights reserved. This article may not be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever, in part or in whole, without written permission of Inman News. Use of this article without permission is a violation of federal copyright law.